This post will assume you’ve already set up your My Disney Experience (MDE) account and have already linked your hotel reservation to it. If you haven’t completed those two steps, start there.
Also – this is based on doing this on a desktop/laptop computer, not on a mobile device or through the app.
- Go to the Walt Disney World website (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/) and click on the far top right where it says “My Disney Experience”
- You will now be on your MDE homepage, which will look something like this. As long as your hotel reservations have been linked up, you will see “Personalize Your Magicband” in blue writing, click on that.
- You are now on the Magicband homepage, where you will be able to see your hotel reservations and number of Magicbands available to you (based on the number of people in your room). If you are doing split stays at hotels (as we often do), you are eligible for a new Magicband with each hotel. Click on the hotel stay.
- Now scroll to the bottom of the page – you will see a list of the people you have assigned to your stay. There will be a “Customize” or “Update” button, click on that.
- You can now see the colour options for your Magicband! You can also have 9 characters (letters/numbers) added to the inside of your band – it does not have to be your name!
- Click save in the bottom left hand corner, and then pick up your Magicband at your resort lobby when you check in! (If you live in the Continental US, your Magicband will be shipped to your house prior to your vacation).
Worth noting – if you do not customize your band, you will receive a grey one with nothing written on the inside. You can also purchase a Magicband with a character on it once you’ve arrived (these run about $20-$50/each).